Return

Return to Countryville

Monday, May 18, 2009

Kenny Chesney Gets Personal With "Hits II"

feature
Kenny Chesney photo courtesy of Sony BMG Nashville.

May 18, 2009 — Kenny Chesney's Greatest Hits II comes out on Tuesday, and it's a big deal on several levels.
For starters, it has a good shot at hitting No. 1 on the album sales charts. In addition, it chronicles one of the most successful hit-making runs during the decade in any genre. And to add to its importance, the songs still hold a lot of personal meaning for Kenny, as they do for his fans.
"I look at the list of songs on this Greatest Hits II record, and I know why they mean somethin' to me," he says. "I mean, I can look at every song and tell you why I wrote a specific song or why I recorded that specific song. Each one of these songs takes me to a different place on stage. Each song takes me to a relationship, it takes me to a break-up, or it takes me to new love, old love; it takes me to a night onstage when the people were singin' one of=2 0these songs back to me so loud that I couldn't have ever have dreamt it."
Kenny appears on "Late Night With David Letterman" the same day the album comes out.
The track list for Greatest Hits II follows:
• "Out Last Night"
• "Living In Fast Forward"
• "Young"
• "Summertime"
• "Down The Road" (with Mac McAnally)
• "Beer In Mexico"
• "There Goes My Life"
• "When The Sun Goes Down" (with Uncle Kracker)
• "Anything But Mine"
• "Be As You Are"
• "I Go Back"
• "No Shoes, No Shirt, No Problems"
• "The Good Stuff"
• "Never Wanted Nothing More"
• "I'm Alive" (with Dave Matthews)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Return

Return to Countryville