Return

Return to Countryville

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Taylor Swift Undeterred by Fame

feature
Taylor Swift photo by Anthony Joseph Baker, courtesy of Big Machine Records.

May 28, 2009 — With her position in the limelight, Taylor Swift has developed a number of friendships with other famous young women, including Kellie Pickler, Carrie Underwood, Selena Gomez and Miley Cyrus.
It's a unique situation. Oftentimes, they're vying for the same magazine covers or competing with each other to get sales from their audience, which has a lot of overlap. The business competition, however, does not interfere with their personal relationships.
"I've always approached this from the place where I don't compete with other girls," Taylor told the Associated Press. "I don't compete with other people in the industry, I compete with myself. If I looked at every other girl in the entertainment industry as competition, my life would be really lonely. I wouldn't have some of the coolest friends that I'm so glad I've gotten to know over the last couple of years. ... It's really awesome to get to hang out with those girls and to call them friends."
Her friendship with Kellie has been particularly satisfying for Taylor as she conducts the first headlining tour of her career. Kellie is the opening act, and they're making good use of the time.
"She and I will like sit in the dressing room 'til 2 or 3 a.m. just talking and painting our nails," Taylor said. "It's so much fun to just have another person out on tour with you that you know you're so close with and you've known you for a really long time, to the point where you really just feel like they're family."
Kellie ran into a health problem this week, and it forced her to cancel a pair of shows in Salt Lake City and San Juan Pueblo, N.M.
"I've been coughing like crazy, my throat is on fire, and I've pretty much lost most of my voice," Kellie wrote in her MySpace blog. "I feel like it's only a matter of time before I cough up a lung. Anyhow, I met with a doctor today, and he said that I had bronchitis. I just started an antibiotic, and so it should kick in soon, hopefully."
She's got plenty of time before she and Taylor resume the Fearless Tour. The next round of dates comes June 11-13 in Columbia, Md.; Greensboro, N.C.; and Camden, N.J.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Return

Return to Countryville