Return

Return to Countryville

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Taylor Swift is Cost Conscious

feature
Taylor Swift photo by Anthony Joseph Baker, courtesy of Big Machine Records.

May 20, 2009 — When Taylor Swift unveiled a line of sundresses earlier this year, she kept the prices at a modest $14 apiece. She followed a similar pricing model when she kicked off her Fearless Tour, insisting that at least some of the tickets for every show be available for an affordable $20.
Taylor's personal income has leaped into the stratosphere, but the teen-aged singer is well aware that her economic good fortune is not shared by all of her fans. And that's the biggest reason it was possible to pick up cheap seats when the shows first went on sale.
"It was really important to me to keep my prices affordable," she told The Seattle Times. "You look around and it's impossible to ignore what's going on with the economy now. I'd rather have people walk away and go, 'Wow, I got more than what I paid for.' It's a big priority to me to say thank you to the fans=2 0that got me here. I'm going to spend my whole life trying to think of ways to say thank you to them."
That's a primary motivation in her decision to return to the CMA Music Festival June 14 to sign autographs. She spent eight hours penning her name at the event last year. Others planning to sign at exhibit booths during the festival, which begins June 11, include Carrie Underwood, Montgomery Gentry, Gretchen Wilson, LeAnn Rimes, the Lost Trailers, Jack Ingram and Reba McEntire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Return

Return to Countryville