Return

Return to Countryville

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Rodney Atkins’ "Simple" Solution

feature
Rodney Atkins performs during the Sprint Sound & Speed Country Concert at the Sommet Center on Friday, January 9, 2009 in Nashville, TN B) Aaron Crisler / Retna Ltd.

May 14, 2009 — Rodney Atkins' current album is titled It's America, but for months leading up to its release, he had a completely different name for it.
Originally the project was to be called Simple Things after a song he recorded that relates to a day he spent with his seven-year-old son away from the hoopla of his job. It was a reminder to Rodney that the simple things are what count the most.
"It was one of the best days ever," he told LiveDaily.com. "I realized this is who I am. I am not an artist. This is what I do. I'm a father and a husband and a son, that's who I am, that's who I'm always going to be. That's very important. It keeps me grounded, that song does. That's a special song for me."
"It's America" turned out to be pretty special, too. In fact, Rodney thinks of it as an=2 0extention of his other songs about love and family.
"To me, 'It's America' is a love song about this country in the same way that 'Watching You' was a love song," he said. "'It's America' fits that profile. It's about friends and family and a sense of community... It's a celebration of life."
It became the first single and the title track of Rodney's current album. "It's America" currently ranks No. 7 on the USA Today Mediabase country singles chart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Return

Return to Countryville