Return

Return to Countryville

Monday, May 18, 2009

Taylor Swift Revels in Progress

feature
Taylor Swift photo by Anthony Joseph Baker, courtesy of Big Machine Records.

May 18, 2009 — Taylor Swift is in the middle of her first headlining run, the Fearless Tour, named after her sophomore CD, which won Album of the Year last month during the "44th Annual Academy of Country Music Awards".
Taylor had no idea when she named the tour that it would carry that kind of significance, and she's still surprised to have picked up the ACM honor.
"I honestly was expecting to hear somebody else's name get called," she told The Columbian. "When things like that happen for me, it's just, I just feel excited. I'm never going to stop being excited about stuff like that. I'm a very excitable person. It's really easy to make me jump up and down and start screaming about something because I just never went into this whole thing expecting to succeed at it."
Succeed she has. Fearless spent a dozen weeks at the top of the Billboard 200 album chart, and it was the best-selling CD in country music for 2008, even though it was available for less than two months during the year.
No matter how good things are going, though, don't expect Taylor to start coasting.
"I think my main focus is continuing to stay relevant," she said. "You've got to always stay on top of it but always keep in mind that no matter who you are, if people see too much of you, they're going to get sick of you. So it's all a balance of staying present and letting the fans know that you're always thinking of them, but minimize over-saturation."
Taylor has a very high-profile moment this week. She appears on Monday's edition of "The Oprah Winfrey Show."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Return

Return to Countryville