Return

Return to Countryville

Monday, April 13, 2009

Carrie Underwood "Told You" Good Things Can Happen

April 13, 2009 — Carrie Underwood's decision to remake the Randy Travis classic "I Told You So" has been a pretty good one.
She sang the song on the Grand Ole Opry in March 2008, only to be surprised when Randy came out from the wings to invite her to become a member. Last week, she performed it on the "44th Annual Academy of Country Music Awards" on a night that she was surprised with Entertainer of the Year. The song obviously has a special place in Carrie's life.
"I would say that it's actually responsible for at least three great moments in my life," she told the national radio show GAC Nights: Live From Nashville. "I remember hearing it when I was little. It came out in 1988, and I was 5. I remember that song my whole life pretty much. And it's so special to me. And Randy let me sing it. He let me borrow it, and I mean I just, it seems like good things happen when I sing that song, so I'm gonna sing that song every morning when I wake up and wait to see w hat happens."
What happens for Carrie tomorrow is pretty special: She joins Kenny Chesney, Sugarland and Darius Rucker on a country-themed episode of "The Oprah Winfrey Show." Meanwhile, "I Told You So" ranks No. 9 on the USA Today Mediabase country singles chart. And it's at No. 3 on GAC's Top 20 Country Countdown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Return

Return to Countryville