Return

Return to Countryville

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Chuck Wicks, Jewel, Clint Black Face Reality

feature
Chuck Wicks on "Dancing With The Stars." Photo courtesy of delawareonline.com/ABC.

April 23, 2009 — Neither Chuck Wicks nor Clint Black is appearing in the CBS series "Survivor" this year, but they've both been survivors as the reality shows "Dancing With The Stars" and "The Celebrity Apprentice" continue to roll.
Clint made it through another "Apprentice" boardroom firing on Sunday when Donald Trump gave the boot to Herschel Walker, and Chuck scored nine points out of 10 from all three "DWTS" judges Monday for his samba routine with dance partner and girlfriend Julianne Hough.
"This was one of the toughest weeks for us," Chuck says, "and it seems like I say that every week because, it does. It gets tougher each week. We stayed up for 22 hours I think on Sunday 'cause we were flyin' from the East Coast to the West Coast. And Sunday night, I did not even know the entire routine. I was like, 'There's no way. I'm never gonna get this.=E 2"
But he did, and he survived. Former NFL star Lawrence Taylor was ousted from "DWTS" leaving Chuck and Julianne among the final six competitors.
Clint meanwhile is keeping his lips sealed about coming episodes of "The Apprentice," most of which taped last fall. He seems to have taken the same approach to the game that Trace Adkins employed a year ago.
"The one thing that I'll say is I wasn't willing to do whatever it takes to win," Clint told Dial-Global. "So my expectations were low enough to be able to try and enjoy it and to make sure that I maintain my own character and my principles. I think some of the people on the show were quoted as saying they'll do whatever it takes to win, and it made me realize that I wasn't willing to do anything to win. It's a game, and it's a TV show, and I'm still waiting to see how it went."
One of country's other reality stars has been waiting for weeks. Jewel was originally slated to compete in "Dancing," but had to back out after suffering bone fractures in both her legs. Ever the competitor, she's holding out hope that she'll be a participant in the series' next season.
"I have a record coming out in May called Lullaby, and I have another country album coming out and a tour," she told hollyscoop.com. "If I can fit it in I'd really like to."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Return

Return to Countryville