Return

Return to Countryville

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Taylor Swift, Kellie Pickler Hit the Road

feature
Taylor Swift photo by Anthony Joseph Baker, courtesy of Big Machine Records.

April 23, 2009 — Not quite three years since Taylor Swift first lofted her melancholy debut single "Tim McGraw," the 19-year-old superstar begins her first headlining tour Thursday night with a sold-out show in Evansville, Ind.
BFF Kellie Pickler joins Taylor on the Fearless Tour, which promises to be one of the most-watched outings of the summer.
"It's gonna be insane," Kellie says. "I mean, Taylor has just totally blown up in the last couple of years since we were out on the road with Brad Paisley, and she's just become a superstar, and she's known all over the world. So I'm very honored that she would've asked me to be on the road. I'm excited about it. I think it'll be a great year."
Taylor is indeed known around the globe. She played Australia for the first time this spring and made her second run at the United Kingdom, where she was20 stunned at the public response.
"I didn't expect anyone to know who I was at all," she told Suzanne Alexander on the national radio show GAC Nights: Live From Nashville, "and outside every single radio station that I went to, every place that I went to, or outside my hotel, all these fans [were there], like hundreds of fans outside BBC Radio 1, which is crazy. And outside my hotel, my street team, which is like 50 people, were always out there with presents and flowers."
Taylor has said the Fearless concerts will likely run two hours and feature plenty of costume changes. And there's some speculation she might duet with her opening act: Taylor co-wrote Kellie's current single, "Best Days Of Your Life."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Return

Return to Countryville