Return

Return to Countryville

Monday, April 20, 2009

Lee Ann Womack Takes A Noble Chance

feature
Lee Ann Womack photo by Danny Clinch, courtesy of UMG Nashville.

April 20, 2009 — Lee Ann Womack has established herself quite nicely over the past dozen years, building an impressive stable of hits and collecting a fair share of awards and nominations in the music industry. But she took a stab at a different branch of the entertainment business when she was asked to take a role in Noble Things, an independent movie that was screened this weekend at the Nashville Film Festival.
Shooting the picture was, to say the least, a challenge.
"The first day I was very nervous about [learning lines] and didn't think I could do it," Lee Ann told The Tennessean. "After a day or so, I figured out how to do it. You go over it in your trailer before you get to the set, and somehow it stays in your short-term memory."
Beyond that were other challenges. She discovered that spending a concentrated amount of time on an isolated set would likely be a ve ry lonely existence. And she found out she was less attached to the end results than she's been when recording her own music.
"It's not like when I make a record, and I'm so anxious for people to hear it," she said. "Music is what I do, that's what moves me. It devastates me if I think I made something that doesn't move people. With the movie, it wasn't really my project. It was written, and I got to be in it."
Lee Ann wasn't alone. Tracy Byrd also makes an appearance in Noble Things, which required a lot of dedication to complete. According to the World Entertainment News Network, filming began in Beaumont in 2005 but was set back by damage from two hurricanes. The picture finally wrapped last September in a rush before Hurricane Gustav reached land.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Return

Return to Countryville