Return

Return to Countryville

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Lady Antebellum’s Constructive Job History

feature
Lady Antebellum photo by Andrew Southam, courtesy of Capitol Nashville.

April 29, 2009 — Barely a year after the release of its debut album, Lady Antebellum has a nice career going, and vocalist Charles Kelley certainly appreciates the gig. He's earned paychecks in the past doing much more mundane jobs, and in at least one case, the work was a little risky. "I worked with my oldest brother, and he did some commercial real estate stuff, a lot of like house renovation," Charles told Suzanne Alexander on the national radio show GAC Nights: Live From Nashville. "So I was knocking out walls a lot. And also, he co-owned this waste hauling company, so one day I'd sit there at a computer, the next day I'd be out dumping trash in a landfill, the next day I'd be knocking out asbestos walls. It's probably why I've got this gritty voice right there: There was too much asbestos!"
That voice is working for him at this point. Lady A worked its way into country's Top 15 on the Country Aircheck chart this week with "I Run To You," the trio's third single to reach that mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Return

Return to Countryville