Return

Return to Countryville

Monday, June 8, 2009

CMT Insider: Martina McBride Shoots New Music Video

She'll Perform "I Just Call You Mine" During Today Show Wedding
Martina McBride recently shot the music video for her latest single, "I Just Call You Mine," a song she'll perform July 15 on NBC's Today when a couple gets married during the show's 10th annual "Today Throws a Wedding" promotion.

For her new music video, she worked for the first time with Los Angeles-based director Theresa Wingert. On the set of the production in downtown Nashville, McBride told CMT Insider about the song and the video.

"I just heard it, and immediately I thought, 'What a beautiful love song.' I mean, doesn't everybody wish that somebody was going to sing this about them? And the song is a little bit different for me. It's a little bit vulnerable ... basically saying, 'I can't believe I have you, and everybody else thinks you're amazing, but you're all mine.' I love the fact that it's a little bit different. It's something that songs have said forever -- 'I love you' -- but it's said in a little bit different way, and I thought that was really cool."

She assumed a familiar role while working with Wingert on the video.

"The general theory is that it's just performance footage of me," she explained. "I got the easy gig. I just have to stand there and sing, and she is just cutting that with videos of different couples .... young couples, old couples, moms and kids and all kinds of things. This really just shows the different ways you can have love."

McBride looked forward to hearing the creative ideas offered by a director she had never worked with before.

"She's been really great about giving me different direction, different things to think about, so it's been fun," the singer said. "It's a little bit of a leap of faith and it's very exciting. When you work with somebody brand new, it takes you out of your comfort factor a little bit. Especially me. I'm used to working with people for a long time, so working with somebody brand new ... just makes it fresh and different. It's fun to see how they see me and what they're going to bring to the table."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Return

Return to Countryville