Return

Return to Countryville

Friday, March 20, 2009

Dolly Plays Up 'Backwoods Barbie'

From columnist Heather Byrd:
The special Cracker Barrel-only collector's edition of Dolly Parton's Backwoods Barbie goes on sale Tuesday, and a new video for the album's title track has already hit the airwaves.
The video, which was shot by award-winning director Trey Fanjoy, shows Dolly strutting her stuff in present-day Hollywood, cutting to images of her as a little girl, in her modest East Tennessee surroundings, dreaming of what her life might possibly become.
"The song 'Backwoods Barbie' pretty much says it all," Dolly says in a news release. "It's true that the way I look is just a country girl's idea of glamour. I've always been a bit of a cartoon character, but that comes from an honest place. I'm always getting too dolled up. My real name is Dolly, so I'm just a backwoods Dolly, asking for a chance."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Return

Return to Countryville