Return

Return to Countryville

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Brad Paisley & Carrie Underwood to Host CMA Awards Again

feature

The reigning CMA Male and Female Vocalists of the Year, Brad Paisley (left) and Carrie Underwood (right), unite to host "The 43rd Annual CMA Awards." "The 43rd Annual CMA Awards" will be broadcast live from the Sommet Center in Nashville, WEDNE SDAY, NOVEMBER 11 (8:00-11:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network. (ABC-TV/BOB D'AMICO) Photo courtesy of the CMA.

August 26, 2009 — Last year's CMA Awards hosts, Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood, will once again helm the 2009 awards on Wednesday, November 11 (airing live on ABC).
"I am thrilled to get the chance to co-host the CMAs for a second time with my pal Carrie," saysBrad. "This year we'll pull out all the stops, like a miniature poodle balancing act, tightrope walking, and a new world record for the number of costume changes by my co-host. Don't miss it!"
"I regret to inform Brad that I do not have a poodle, and I would appreciate it if he asks me permission before he tries on all my dresses this y ear," responds Carrie. "But all kidding aside, I'm really excited to be hosting again this year with my friend, Brad, as we celebrate another wonderful year of Country Music! It's going to be a great show!"
Yesterday people.com broke the story with an interview with Brad and Carrie. "I thought we did a good job," said Carrie about last year's show. "I wasn't nervous about being asked back. But I was hoping they would ask us."
Brad added, "I figured if they wanted us back they'd ask and if not, we'd get to sit and watch somebody else go through it."
The reigning CMA Male and Female Vocalist of the Year winners are even hatching a wardrobe plan. "What if we color coordinate this year? Like for prom?" Carrie asked Brad. "If I wear a red dress, you can wear a red vest or a red bowtie?"
"Deal!" said Brad. "If I wear a tie, I will match it to whatever you're wearing."
The talented duo also revealed what it's really like backstage at the fast-paced awards show.
"October we'll start going through things, figure out dates," said Carrie.
"But you get the script and read through it," said Brad. "Re-writes happen, you contribute things, they contribute things. You're doing that all the way up to about 10 minutes before – and then you go on!"
"Yeah, you're standing on the wings or in your dressing room and they hand you a couple pages and say, 'H ere's the latest re-write on that part,'" adds Carrie.
To date, Brad has 11 CMA Awards in his trophy case and Carrie has five.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Return

Return to Countryville