Return

Return to Countryville

Friday, September 4, 2009

Trace Adkins on Creating Monsters

feature

Trace Adkins performs at the VAULT Concert Stage at LP Field in Downtown Nashville Saturday, June 13 during the 2009 CMA Music Festival. Photographer: John Russell / CMA.

feature
Jamey Johnson performs at the VAULT Concert Stage at LP Field in Downtown Nashville Saturday, June 13 during the 2009 CMA Music Festival. Photo courtesy of the Country Music Association.

September 4, 2009 — Trace Adkins gave a then relatively-unknown Jamey Johnson's career a boost when he recorded "Honky Tonk Badonkadonk," a song Jamey co-wrote. And just before he was set to record Jamey's song "In Color," Jamey asked Trace if he could keep it for his own CD. Trac e said yes.
It's clear the tall crooner knows a good song when he hears one. He tells Dial-Global he's not an artist that only listens to songs by proven writers.
"Brand recognition doesn't mean anything to me," he says. "The products that I use in my daily life, I don't care if they have a great brand name or not. It doesn't matter to me. And so, what I mean is, I don't care where the good song comes from. It can come from a hog farmer in Arkansas. If it's a good song I'm gonna cut it. And in some cases (I) have created monsters - in the case of Jamey Johnson," he laughs. "That boy's gone completely crazy ... seen him lately?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Return

Return to Countryville