Sept. 10, 2009 — When the Country Music Association unveiled its annual slate of awards nominees on Wednesday, the news made a lot of artists happy. Randy Houser, Keith Urban, Kenny Chesney and Taylor Swift earn their living by singing, but they shifted into talking mode after they heard they were finalists in "The 43rd Annual CMA Awards", slated for Nov. 11. Taylor even filmed herself receiving the happy news.
Among the reactions from CMA nominees:
• Randy Houser: "It's just really good to figure out that somebody actually gives a crap," he told told the national radio show GAC Nights: Live From Nashville. "For all of us, it's like a little bit of 'Hey, come home and we're gonna pat you on the back.' So it lets us know that we been doin' somethin' right, and that's what we care about."
• Taylo r Swift: "I am jumping up and down surrounded by dogs and my mom and screaming like it's Christmas morning," she tweeted. "I'll never forget this." Click here to see her reaction!
• Kenny Chesney: "The more you do this, the more those nominations mean. You realize what it takes to receive an honor like this — especially from your peers who make it happen and know the work and commitment it takes. You've got to be humbled knowing what you do is recognized."
• Darius Rucker: "Everything with this record has been wild, and this really caps the year we've had."
• Keith Urban: "This is absolutely awe inspiring. I've never loved playing music as much as I have this year. The response to the new album has been divine and, given the crazy times we're in, the celebratory atmosphere and positive energy night after night on this particular tour has been nothing short of a miracle... and we're not even done yet!"
• Lady Antebellum: "Being halfway around the world and hearing that we got two CMA nominations is totally surreal," Charles Kelley said from Switzerland. "We're so far from home, but we're also really connected to Nashville because there are so many fans over here who absolutely love country music. Being in the Group of the Year category is just unbelievable because we feel like we're only getting started. We honestly will never get used to seeing our name in the same category as the Eagles or Rascal Flatts."